Sunday 4 December 2011

Day 12. Akshay's Guitar..(Part-1)


“Are in your room?” I asked Akshay with great ebullience, in my cell phone. “Yes..am waiting for you” Akshay answered with utmost avidity. I got ready within a couple of minutes to see the Guitar of Akshaya. I had seen many guitars but never touched one before. I was very keen to play his Guitar. I was so excited that I started playing guitar chords of “kaho na kaho-Murder” using my palate, teeth and tongue. After a mini bike race of 1 Km, I reached his home within 4 minutes. Pressed his calling bell. Akshay with his skeletal body and underslung Bermuda opened his door. “How fast you came??”Akshay added these words with a smile on his face. ”I can do anything for playing guitar”, I replied audaciously.

I asked: ”Where is it??”

Akshay replied: “Wait..Wait...am bringing.” My enthusiasm was at its peak.

Askhay bought his blue Guitar bag with some unheeded spider webs on it. I opened the zip of that bag with one go. That maroon colored guitar as well as Akshay’s forehead both glazed with the overhead 23 watts Bajaj CFL.

I said:”Wow..its looking great. Where you bought it from??”

Aksahay replied :”Na...Nataka dokana”(Nataka dokana-is a Odiya term in which ‘Nataka’ means drama and ‘dokana’ means shop.) Literally,Drama shop.

I said: ”But where is it??” Later I discovered it from Jharsuguda city. A multi-variety music store with collection of some awesome non-branded monotonous guitars.

Akshaya replied: ”Here....at Jharsuguda only.”

I said: ”Please play it…”

Akshaya replied:”I don’t know ABC of music.”

I said:”I know ABC only but not beyond that..”

Akshaya replied: ”I am planning to learn Guitar”. While he was narrating his intensity of guitar learning, I snatched the Guitar from his hand and stared playing. I had never heard such a cacophonous tune before. All strings produced same sound. “How is it possible??” I asked myself like a confounded fool.

I said: ”What is its price???”

Akshaya replied:”Rs 1200 only.” Then I tried to search the company logo within the guitar but nothing was found except polished wood. “What more you can expect in 1200??” I explained myself. Akshaya was eagerly waiting for my valuable feedback on his guitar.

Akshay asked: ”So…How is it???”

I replied: “Seems ok…but needs to be tuned.” By playing that guitar all my expectations melted down. How can any company make such type of guitars?? I also planned to go to that shop next day and returned back to my home……J

(to be continued in my next post….)

Good night

Truly yours

JGD
9:46pm (as per my office clock)
4/12/2011.


1 comment: