Wednesday 14 December 2011

Day 13. Akshay's Guitar..(Part-2)


Next morning I started searching..”Nataka Dokana” from numerous small shops in Jharsuguda. I was looking each and every shop hoardings..Suddenly my eyes got struck to a hoarding having Guitar combined with a Tabla, clearly written “Nataka Dokana”. Letters of the hoarding were dancing asynchronously. Every instrument’s drawing was there, enough to make a brass band. I kept my bike in the roadside and went to that shop. The shopkeeper was doing a slow love to his odiya Newspaper. When I called him, he was very delighted to see me. His lips expanded to its extremities…

I asked:”I want a guitar..”

He replied:”Local or branded??”.I got confused. I thought whether I have asked for a Guitar or Rum bottle??

I said:”Show me the cheapest one.”

He replied:”Wait..am getting it from my workshop.” My confusion was as its peak by listening the word ‘Workshop’. The shopkeeper ordered his boy to bring a 1350 from his workshop.

I asked:”What is 1350??Is it the model name??”


He replied:”No No…it’s the price. Here all model are same . All guitars are made here.” My doubt got converted into reality. Before I knew LOCAL made means somewhere in India but not the place I am standing and searching the product. I reminded the innocent face of Akshay. Shopkeeper shown me different colours with design, as if showing T-shirts to me. Each piece of guitar was accompanied by some exciting prologue by the shopkeeper. All the guitars were out of tune and I think can’t be tuned further…The shopkeeper made a concession of Rs150 but I came back. I called Akshay on his cell phone.

I said:”I knew why your guitar is Rs 1200 !!”

Akshay replied:”Why……”

I said:”They are making these guitars here. These are ultra-local.”

Akshay replied:”Really??I don’t know about these things..”

I said:”Enjoy..If possible tune it for practice only, but never play it in public otherwise you have to pay for it.” After these words Akshay laughed and disconnected his call…

Friends…”Enthusiasm” is very harmful if you want to do things right now. Take your time and decide about your passion. If you really want to buy some musical instruments or any other things that you don’t know then kindly take one guy who knows about the instruments. Don’t throw you hard earned money to such types of shopkeepers. But if you need the cheapest one then take a piece of wood and make one guitar. Everything will cost around Rs300. But I am not sure about its performance.

Have a nice day.


Truly yours


JGD
7:20 am(as per my laptop time)
15/12/2011

3 comments:

  1. hi...lipu...good thinking and very well narrated .but some mistakes u must rectify...in this section according to me are...
    1.i was looking at the hoarding of each and every shop
    2.it shd extremes not extremities
    3.confusion was at its pick
    4.little bit of confusion in the middle,actually frm whr those guitars are made...make it clear

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ biswal sir....thank you very much for ur valuable feedback..plz keep giving me feedback so that I can rectify my faults. Some clarifications-
    1.The details of the guitar is given in part-1
    2.extremities used in physical things(e.g-hands,legs etc.) and extremes marks ranges(e.g-temp.,weights etc.)
    3.In confusion sentence...i have used peak to describe that my confusion was at it extreme point..

    I am learning but still need ur help.Some clarifications I have given.Kindly check...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job.... dear . keep it up.

    ReplyDelete